Start your career at Isdaner & Company and have an opportunity for advancement at one the top 25 Philadelphia area firms. We are an independent regional firm that serves a diverse group of clients in a variety of industries. Because of our special work environment and opportunity for diverse client engagement, we pride ourselves on having a strong and stable professional team.
Join our team and get the Isdaner advantage! Some firm benefits include: 401k plan with firm contribution, flexible spending accounts, incentive program, flexible work schedule, healthy snacks, special events, free parking and so much more.
We are looking for an experienced staff accountant.
Department: Integrated Services
Reports to: IS Director
Summary of Responsibilities:
Staff accountants are given a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting and tax knowledge and the ability to meet time constraints.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Prepares journal entries and trial balances using computer software programs.
- Performs general ledger account analyses and reconciliations, including bank statements, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Create and maintain fixed asset depreciation schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and in performing review and compilation engagements for clients in various industries.
- Prepares payroll tax, sales or other local tax and certain personal and business income tax returns.
- Performs other accounting and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
Contact Michael Riesenbach, CPA, COO, for more information at 610.668.4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or Master's degree in accounting.
- 2 - 4 years' experience in public or private accounting.
- Proficiency with use of a computer, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, especially Excel) and calculator.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal and business income taxes.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant's license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.