Start your career at Isdaner & Company and have an opportunity for advancement at one the top 25 Philadelphia area firms. We are an independent regional firm that serves a diverse group of clients in a variety of industries. Because of our special work environment and opportunity for diverse client engagement, we pride ourselves on having a strong and stable professional team.
Join our team and get the Isdaner advantage! Some firm benefits include:
Isdaner & Company, LLC Position Description
- 401k plan with firm contribution
- flexible spending accounts
- Incentive program, flexible work schedule
- Healthy snacks
- Special events
- Free parking
- And so much more
Title: Staff Accountant (experienced)
Department: Integrated Services
Reports to: IS Director
Summary of Responsibilities:
Staff accountants are given a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting and tax knowledge and the ability to meet time constraints.
- Prepares journal entries and trial balances using computer software programs.
- Performs general ledger account analyses and reconciliations, including bank statements, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Create and maintain fixed asset depreciation schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and in performing review and compilation engagements for clients in various industries.
- Prepares payroll tax, sales or other local tax and certain personal and business income tax returns.
- Performs other accounting and tax duties as needed in engagements and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- May be given senior level responsibilities of planning and scheduling engagements.
- May be required to perform all phases of an engagement including report writing and tax return preparation.
- Such other duties as may be assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Occasional same day travel for work at client's offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April 15.
Safety Hazards of the Job:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or Master's degree in accounting.
- 2 - 4 years experience in public or private accounting.
- Proficiency with use of a computer, Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, especially Excel), and calculator.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal and business income taxes.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant's license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- Minimal hazards. General office working conditions.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or Isdaner & Company, LLC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Send resume to Michael Riesenbach, COO email@example.com.