Start your career at Isdaner & Company and have an opportunity for advancement at one the top 25 Philadelphia area firms. We are an independent regional firm that serves a diverse group of clients in a variety of industries. Because of our special work environment and opportunity for diverse client engagement, we pride ourselves on having a strong and stable professional team.
Join our team and get the Isdaner advantage! Some firm benefits include:
- 401k plan with firm contribution
- flexible spending accounts
- Incentive program, flexible work schedule
- Healthy snacks
- Special events
- Free parking
- And so much more
For information about all job opportunities, contact Michael Riesenbach, CPA, Chief Operating Officer.
STAFF ACCOUNTANT / SENIOR AUDITOR
Isdaner & Company, LLC is a full-service certified public accounting firm based in the Philadelphia suburb of Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania. Founded in 1967, Isdaner & Company offers accounting, auditing, tax services, trust, and estate services, business consulting, litigation support, and integrated services.
Our client base is broadly diversified and includes companies/organizations in industries, including, but not limited to Construction, Manufacturing and Distribution, Professional Services, Non-Profit, Long-term care/Healthcare, Real Estate, Technology, Governmental Entities, and Employee Benefit Plans. We are currently seeking a full-time Staff/Senior Auditor to join our team.
- Participates in financial statement audits, reviews, compilations, agreed-upon procedures, and other projects, as assigned by supervisory personnel
- Performs detailed audit procedures on financial statement account balances and prepares effective and clear workpapers
- Develops an understanding of the accounting and auditing principles relevant to individual client engagements
- Participates in the engagement planning process
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and questions that will arise.
- Assists with more complicated segments of audit and accounting engagements
- Researches accounting issues
- Becomes proficient at preparing financial statements using the firm’s software programs
- Communicates progress of engagements
- Keeps supervisor informed of all important developments on engagement; analyzes problems and recommends solutions
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Works diligently to obtain a CPA license
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; 3.0 or higher GPA in major preferred; advanced degree preferred
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and computer accounting software programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to travel, generally within the greater Philadelphia area
Frequent same-day travel for work at client’s offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle. The work schedule will depend on the client’s work hours. Occasional overtime work is required throughout the year, specifically from January 1 to April 15.
Excellent benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision, long and short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, company-paid licenses, professional dues, and continuing professional education of 40 hours per year.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you meet the specific requirements for the Staff/Senior Auditor position, please send your resume to Michael Riesenbach, CPA, Chief Operating Officer.
INTEGRATED SERVICES ACCOUNTANT
Integrated services accountant is expected to work on diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Duties include general ledger account analysis and reconciliations and preparation of financial statements, and preparation and review of personal and business income tax returns. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting and tax knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints. Required qualifications include Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field; 3 to 7 years of accounting experience; CPA certification, strong technical ability, team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; outstanding problem solving and analytical skills. Must be able to travel locally based on client and business needs. Compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package. Please send your resume to Michael Riesenbach, CPA, Chief Operating Officer.