Summary of Responsibilities:
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating clients’ tax data for the accurate, timely completion of tax returns.
- Possesses knowledge of tax regulations in order to answer clients’ questions.
- Prepares personal and business tax returns of various complexities.
- Perform personal and business tax projections throughout the year to assist clients with tax planning needs
- Correspond with various taxing authorities on client issues
- Utilize tax software to compile tax research on more complex client matters
- Assist staff on occasion with completing other tax projects and learning tax concepts
The ideal candidate would possess:
- At least (3) three years’ public accounting experience preparing individual, pass-through entity and corporate tax returns
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially with regard to verbal and written communication
- A CPA license or have passed at least one part of the CPA exam
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or bachelor’s degree in another discipline with various coursework in taxes and accounting. CPA preferred.
- Overtime work is required throughout the year, specifically from February to April, in addition to overtime which may be needed in September and October depending on deadline needs.
Please send your resume to Michael Riesenbach, CPA, Chief Operating Officer.